Monday, August 11, 2008

Blackberries

We went blackberry picking with the girls this saturday late in the evening.. It was an event.. The girls did pretty good considering the thorns. Half way through one spot I had to pick Kia up and carry her around. She kept getting stuck where ever she stepped. So I was holding her and picking.. And she was eating every other one I picked!! We ended up moving to another place out on a dead end road where three Laso apso's came to visit us.. they kept the girls busy while Todd and I got a lot picked. Then all of a sudden I spotted a big dog coming toward us and that was it.. I swooped up the girls and in the truck they went. We started to pull away and saw a huge amount of blackberries... so instead of getting out (not knowing if that dog was nice or not) I just drove right up next to the bushes and Todd hung out the window and picked a few more.. No that I should have gotten a picture of!! We did end up with enough to freeze three quart size freezer bags!! That will be great this winter. We will need to do it a few more times.. I have to atleast make one cobbler for Todd before summer ends.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: