Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bread or Cookies??

So I was in the baking mood today. I made some sugar cookies to practice decorating. Then I made several colors of royal icing. Then I looked at my bananas in the fruit basket and boy did they look sad.. To sad to eat. So I decided to make banana bread. Now this is something I can do in my sleep. Todd loves my banana bread. Well I remembered I had chocolate chips also,,, So I thought.. ohhh I will jazz them up and put chocolate chips in them. Well I already had out my baking sheet and silpat and decided to experiment a little. :) I decided to try them in cookie form. And what do you know?!? They turned out great.
I started out with only 6 cookies, just so I would not waste all the batter if they flopped!! Eva volunteered to be my guinea pig and she tried the first one!! LOL I also tried one and to my suprise they tasted really good.
Now finding the cooking time took awhile.. I timed it for 10 minutes at first. Then had to keep checking on them every 2 minutes.. In total the baking time is about 18 to 20 minutes for this size.
Now Todd will be the final vote to see if they pass his taste test!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dominique Bjorlin said...

Wow,what a great idea. Especially if you don't have enough bananas to make a whole loaf, you could half the recipe and make cookies instead! I will have to try this some time.