Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Weekend

Last night Todd decided to "start" getting the pool ready.. Well you all know me too well.. once I start something it must be finished.. So We went to work on the pool.. After about an hour of trying to get the rocks out with just half of the pool down, I decided we needed to just take the entire thing apart and turn the liner upside down to get all the rocks out.. All 50 @#$%@#$%$ pounds of it!! The 6 children will remain nameless who tossed them in.. But next time.. the kids will go in head first.... even in the dead of winter.. I will not do that again because of rocks in my pool! So todd was ready to stop there once we got the liner ontop of one of the play structures for, who else but me! to start cleaning it. No way.. I was not stopping.. I wanted it done.. So I pressure washed it and we got it back up and put together.. Then I decided,, lets just start filling it up.. So there you have it.. The pool is up and running for the summer. And just in time I might add. It looks like 80 degree weather this week. Now you might wonder why the girls are already in it.. This would be about 12:00 the next day.. we had to stop for the night with only about 4 inches in it because I did not want water running over the edge half the night. So I turned it back on to fill Sat. morning before we went strawberry picking. It was full by the time we got home about noon. And yes.. Eva was ready to hop in.. I REALLY did not think she would go all the way in.. The water was freezing. But she did. And she had a great time.
Kia on the other hand.. well she knows better!! She was not having much of the water.. I think she got down onto the second step and said.. I did it!! and that was it.. She just wanted to get her feet wet. And climb on the ladder.


What a great start to the Memorial Weekend. Grandma came over and we BBQ'd!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: