Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Weekend at Grandma's 2008

We got to Tillamook on Friday night. Todd and I got to leave the kiddo's with Grandma and go out to the movies. We almost did not go, we were standing in line to get our tickets... and their was a huge amount of teenagers around us... made me feel old.. but I also knew they were all about to pile in to the same movie.. since it is a one act theater. But we decided to go anyway and pray we would be able to enjoy the movie. After about 20 minutes into the movie kids started to be quiet.. but not till after the manager came in to tell them to quiet down..(and no I did not go and tattle on them, I saw another woman get up and do it. Thank God.. I really did not want to be the one to do it.!!) So we enjoyed the movie, we went and saw Indiana Jones. I had mixed feeling about it. It was good, but just not great!! I am praying he will come out with one last one and go out with a bang! The next day we went fishing with family. Caught nothing. O-well. My girls seemed to have a lot of fun playing by the water.

Kia had a lot of fun with the net Grandma had gotten them.
Night time and the girls got to camp out in the living room. Kia enjoyed feeding Uncle Matt.

On Monday we went on a hike to a waterfall right outside of Tillamook. We could not make it all the way due to fallen trees. But we got to see it.
closer to the truck we had an open area where the girls got to get a little wet.
All in all it was a good weekend. We never did make it to the beach once!! Way to rainy and cold. We chose to go to both cheese places instead. One to feed the animals and the other to get ice cream.

1 comment:

Tina Kelley said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I'm curious to know how the girls did camping out in the living room.. I think if Todd ever makes good on his promise and has the girls come over so you and your Todd can go out, that is what we would have to do. Oh geez can you imagine!! That would be hilarious.. for maybe like 5 minutes!