Monday, September 29, 2008

Saturday

Grandma decided to come on over and bring Beauty back.. (our dog) So we all decided to take a trip to IKEA.. We have never been before and I wanted to go soooooo bad... So we packed up and headed off. We got there and Eva wanted to go into the play area.. she didnt even think twice.. I am sure she made a new "best friend" in seconds.. She got to stay in there for a full hour while we roamed around and looked at everything. We decided to go and have lunch upstairs, we were all in line just about to order the famous meatballs when some loud alarm went off. Lights were flashing everywhere.. The lunch staff just looked around at each other like lost puppies.. I was thinking to myself.." this place better not be on fire"!! then in about 3 minutes they start to announce everyone must leave the building, they are having tech. problems. as were were walking out... everyone was leaving there lunches everywhere... I so badly wanted to snag a meatball off someones plate.. LOL but I resisted the urge!! after we got outside we called it quits and headed to portland. Sooooo sad... maybe next time I will get to try the meatballs!!
We ended up eating at a little BBQ place off of MLK. We eat there when ever we get a chance. It has great food.. And for some reason I am blanking on the name.. Russell street BBQ... maybe.. ??
We headed on downtown Portland after lunch.. We jumped on the max to ride fairless square with the girls.. they have never been on max before... They enjoyed it. Eva loved standing up on the way back.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The McAuleys said...

I can't believe you went to Russell Street BBQ without us!!! We definitely would have preferred it to our Bend trip from h*!! I tried to leave Clara in that playroom once and they paged me after about 4 min. Clara was crying and told me she couldn't stay in there because it was "full of too many wild boys." Ha. Bet Eva can hold her own!