Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ouch!!

Ok.. So I spoke too soon on my last entry about no E.R. visits.. I think that jinxed me big time. Or I should say it jinxed Eva.. Poor girl.
So we had a few friends over for a swimming afternoon on Friday. Everyone was doing fine.. Then Eva fell from the top of the pool ladder right on her head, shoulder and hip.. The goose egg that formed on the side of her head, right on the hair line, was fast and big and put me right into a panick.. The ladder is a good 54 inches off the ground and she came down head first from the top. I think she just lost her grip and that was all it took. Thank goodness Tina and Kelly were there. (of course I have to say Kelly took a good body check from me when I jumped up and was running to Eva..we all jumped up at once and Kelly was the poor girl in my way.. I really did not think I could move that fast, this pregnant!) Tina was awesome... got to her before I could and scooped her up. Very cool and collected.. made sure nothing was broken. Then we saw the goose egg.. Time to go to the E.R.
Poor Eva.. She was pretty panicked but did great.. She wanted her Daddy soooo bad. Thank goodness I was able to get a message to him.. of course.. the message was over the emergancy radio at work.. DTS Brandon.. you are to go to the McMinnville hospital O.R. now.. (my fault.. I must have said OR instead of E.R. to his co-worker, sorry babe!!) His first thought was of course.. the baby is coming.. But I was able to get a hold of him while he was driving and let him know what was going on.
She checked out ok. Of course the entire time she was very worried she was going to get a shot.. She did not like the nurse putting bandages on her at all.. But she survived.
You cant see her goose egg.. but oohhhh.. I could not look at it till this morning.. It just looked bad! A bump should not protrude like that off of any ones head! So there you go.. Our first E.R. visit over with. I will be glad never to do that again. LOL.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Ahh, its just a flesh wound:) Glad that she's okay:)

Stacie said...

sorry kyle was not there to help out!!! what a week for her.. a bee sting, and a goose egg... lets be safe tomorrow!! :)