Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The big girl bed.

About three weeks ago we were at Scotty's playhouse and for the first time Kia climbed the big steps to get to the second floor all by herself.. (usually eva helps her up) I was so excited for her.. well that was short lived! later that day when it was nap time she climed right out of her crib.. I come in and see her standing in the living room. I turn to Eva and send her to her room for helping Kia out of her crib.. Well then I put Kia back to her crib, Eva is in her room and go back to the kitchen to turn around and have Kia standing there. Ok.. Eva was still in her room. Ohhhh Nooooo.. She can get out of the crib on her own.. Well then I had to go and apologize to Eva. Boy did I feel like a heel! So the (what I thought was going to be) battle was on. I was not looking forward to the big girl bed. She was doing great in the crib.. no problems what so ever. So she walked back to her bedroom and I asked her where she wanted to take her nap. She crawled right into her big girl bed and that was that! Her first nap in the her actual bed.
Night time came and it was time for bed. She crawled right into the her bed and gave us no trouble. Ofcourse just like Eva, I was thinking this was the "honeymoon" phase.. something new and fun to do. Well it has been three weeks. She does not usually take nap anymore, but once or twice a week she does. And bedtime is a breeze. In the last three weeks we have had to go back in there once and put her back into the her bed. (she was looking for horsey) other then that she has been great. Lesson learned.. with Eva we took her out before she was ready!! that is why (i think ) we have had such a battle with bedtime. But with Kia.. she did it on her terms and when she was ready.
My little girls is growing up! That just sucks!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Lucky you! Great timing too!