Monday, July 7, 2008

We had to weed.. Ok.. let me re-write that.. I, had to weed the entire section.. Todd did weed a 4x12 section of the 50x12 area.. I will give him that!! But it took me a whole week to week everything. Then we invited Jenny and chad over to shovel out the old gravel. They wanted it for their driveway..
Then new gravel came in and the firepit was started.
Our first project completed was the fence..
This is what the firepit started out looking like. Thanks to my brother it came out beautiful. Lets face it.. with out my brother the firepit would not have happened. He just put it together like it was nothing. Todd and I were his grunt workers while he did it. which was fine with me. Todd and I managed to do the grout work on it by ourselves. My brother said, it is like icing a cake, Jo, just pipe it on.. well I can pipe on cakes, but holding a 10 pound bag of mortar is another thing. It took todd and I about 3 hours to do it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

ksitton said...

Wow your yard looks amazing! What a LOT of hard work. Great job.