Monday, June 30, 2008

Muffin Tin Monday!!

Ok, so I got this idea from my friend Kirstin's blog, I love blogs!! It is a great way to share. So I am hoping someone else likes this idea and tries it! This is our first monday trying it out. I found matching muffin tins for both girls. We have from left to right and down, homemade chicken nuggets on a stick, bell peppers and a mushroom, turkey and cream cheese roll up, mini calzones, strawberries, grapes, nectarine and kiwi with a fun friut dip.
I got the Chicken nuggets on a stick idea from a little cook book that Jen gave me. It is called "the kid chef"!! I think it was for a fundraiser for Kyla's preschool. So I just decided to make my own chicken fingers. It is cubed chicken breast dipped in ranch then rolled in bread crumbs.. You can use yogurt to instead of ranch, but I have always used ranch. Cook them at 350 till done about 15 minutes. Then just pop them on a stick. They come out nice and juicy. I also got the mini calzones (biscuit with pizza stuff inside, how easy is that) from the same book along with the fruit dip.. that is just 1 box cream cheese 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1tsp. vanilla. blend and chill. I did add some soy milk to make it more creamy. I thought it tasted better that way. You could add anything else to it to make it not so thick and easier to dip fruit in.
Most everything was a hit with Kiara. She loved the chicken on a stick!! She would not let go of the skewer. (which i used a square popsicle stick that I use with my baking stuff) She ate everything except the turkey roll up and the bell peppers but she did try the bell peppers over and over again and kept spitting them out!! She loved the mushroom. She even ate eva's mushroom. Oh,, the mini calzones were not a hit with the girls, but a big hit with dad who ate them all! I did not even get to taste them! The fruit dip both girls likes.
Eva was a little more picky but tried everything at least once. She loved the turkey roll ups and ended up eating Kiara's. She was not sure of the nectarine. I don't think it is the right time for nectarines, we will try those again in august when they are sweeter.
All in all it was a fun dinner. The girls loved all the different things and loved the muffin tins. Thank you Kirstin for the great idea!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The McAuleys said...

There's a new Flickr group for Muffin Tin Mondays!
http://www.flickr.com/groups/muffintinmeals/
Glad you had fun--
K

Tina Kelley said...

So I'm totally giving Jen the "what-for"! I'm going to have to borrow that cook book and copy it! Looks like so much fun.